Items You Will Need
- A Timer
- A Bowl
- Area to Hold Items Found (“Base”)
- Pieces of Paper
- Something to write with
- Tear up pieces of paper and write numbers on them
- Print this: Rainy Day Indoor Scavenger Hunt
Everyone takes turns drawing a number from the bowl. Whatever number you draw, put it next to the timer and then find the item on the list below. When the timer starts, you have 10 minutes to search the house for that item.
When you find your item, bring it to base and write your initials next to the item you found. Put your number in the discard pile. You may then pull another number from the bowl and start searching for that item.
If you are still searching for your item when the timer goes off, you must return the number to the bowl.
Now everyone draws a new number.
Everything you find must be something you can safely reach, easily remove and carry to home base to add to the pile. You cannot find items from the base pile of items that have already been found.
Winning (so that everyone is a winner!)
- The first player to find an item in the first column
- The first player to find an item in the middle column
- The first player to find an item in the third column
- The first player to find an item starting with an even #
- The first player to find an item with an odd #
Now it’s time to put everything back! Can you remember where you found it?